BEACH BADGE is your entrée to the salt-encrusted, sand-clogged magic, mayhem, and mystery of the New Jersey Shore, as told by those who have lived it. From blistering August sands to the damp gauze of a winter sky, BEACH BADGE collects the experience of local and benny alike in the form of personal stories, essays, and other artwork about or inspired by life at the shore…
Sign up for our email list here.
“BEACH BADGE collects memories of Jersey Shore exploits,and reviews of current restaurants and books about the area. It’s a solid zine from cover to cover, but I do have favorites, like ‘Yo! It’s ILONA!’, about the brassy third wife of your uncle who turns out to be your shore savior.”
Aj Michel, Xerography Debt
– INTRODUCTION by editor William Patrick Tandy
– NEMETZ ignores the flags to swim at his own peril
– DAVIDA GYPSY BREIER fights the rip current of nostalgia
– DAVID C. HACKNEY peers inside the jaws of the “Jersey Man-Eater”
– RAHNE ALEXANDER finds herself in search of flour tortillas
– CAROLINE CLARKE storms the beaches of Avalon
– GARNET WHITBY rates his dad’s “ex-wife”
– ED KEMP beats the bennies
– Plus reviews for books, restaurants, and more!